Call for Panels
IEEE VR 2023: the 30th IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces March 25-March 29, 2023, Shanghai
- January 12th, 2023: Proposals due
- January 20th, 2023: Notification of results
- February 1st, 2023: One-page Panel description due
IEEE VR 2023 is looking for creative proposals for a variety of engaging panels. We are hoping to host panels covering academic, industrial and consumer interests in VR, AR, MR and 3D User Interfaces. Panels are designed to generate lively discussions incorporating differing points of view around significant, emergent, or controversial topics. Panel sessions should not be structured as a series of individual, stand-alone presentations, but rather should address thought-provoking material that is presented in a lively manner. Panels should not be used to present a commercial product, nor be limited to the views of one individual. The goal should be to involve all panel participants and engage the audience as much as possible.
Interested parties are invited to submit proposals for interactive panel sessions. Panel sessions are 90 minutes long and we encourage proposers to plan for your panelists’ presentations/introductory remarks to take less than 30 minutes of that time. We also suggest that your panel have a moderator who is not one of the panelists and who will introduce the panel, serve as session chair, and ask initial questions before opening up questions to the group. You do not need to have identified a moderator before submitting your proposal, the Panels Co-Chairs can help you find a moderator if your panel is selected.
Panel proposals should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
- A title for the panel session
- A brief description of the overall issues to be discussed (500 words or less)
- The names, contact information, and short (100 words or less) biographies for the organizer and each panelist. Panelists should come from multiple organizations. Panelists from industry can be offered a complimentary one-day registration, other panelists and the moderator should be registered normally.
We will publish a one-page description of the panel in the proceedings. The event will be hybrid and as a panel it will be live, to enable speakers and the audience to discuss the covered topics.
For more information and inquiries, please contact the Panels Chairs at panels2023 [at] ieeevr.org:
- Jian Chen ‒ The Ohio State University, USA
- Henry B.L. Duh ‒ La Trobe University, Australia
- Xin Tong ‒ Microsoft Research Asia China