Call for Student Volunteers
IEEE VR 2024: The 31st IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces
March 16-21, 2024 | Orlando, Florida USA
- December 15th, 2023: Open student volunteer applications
- January 19th, 2023: Close student volunteer applications
- February 2, 2024: Student volunteer notification of acceptance
Dedicated and enthusiastic student volunteers (SVs) are crucial for the organization of a successful conference. Serving as a student volunteer is also a great chance to meet and interact with scientists from the field of Virtual Reality.
Volunteering for VR 2024 is also an opportunity to gain academic service experience—an often-critical component of post graduate work—and valuable experience for future scientific event organization.
We look forward to receiving your application for IEEE VR 2024!
Besides the stimulating experience, SVs will receive an excellent package of benefits that includes:
- free registration*
- hotel accommodation for non-local volunteers when possible (shared with one or two other SVs))
- an exclusive student volunteer shirt
* If you are an author, make sure to have one of your co-authors register and pay a full fee according to your publication.
This year, IEEE VR will take place in Orlando, Florida, USA. You must be willing to work about 25 to 30 hours during the conference. Furthermore, you must be available for SV orientation on Friday, March 15, before the conference begins. Your SV duties will include: working the registration desk on-site, helping with the setup of the conference environment, providing assistance to speakers and attendees, and more. If you cannot commit yourself to this time frame and this amount of work, then please do not take away a slot from another willing student.
All full-time undergraduate and graduate students interested in Virtual Reality or related disciplines are eligible. We will consider geographic distance from the conference as well as diversity in the area of research.
The following additional considerations will influence volunteer selection:
- An accepted publication/presentation at VR 2024.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Previous experience in event organization is desired but not required.
- The number of volunteers from each region, institution, and research group may be balanced to ensure broad participation.
- Students from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
Application will be done through this form: https://forms.gle/NhUFYCkHTyQkbnxPA
For more information, please contact the Student Volunteer Chairs:
- Matt Gottsacker, University of Central Florida, USA
- Jason Orlosky, Augusta University, USA