Bridge to VR Call for Participation
IEEE VR 2022: the 29th IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces
March 12-March 16, 2022, Virtual
- March 05, 2022: Deadline to submit application.
- March 09, 2022: Notification of acceptance.
The 29th IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces 2022 seeks outstanding candidates to participate in the Bridge to VR program.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to participate in the IEEE VR conference, the premier international venue for the presentation of research results in the broad area of virtual reality. The aim of this program is to enable undergraduate students interested in VR to participate in the conference with current scholars and to encourage these students to pursue VR research in academic settings.
Being part of this program is a great way to learn the state of the VR field and to participate in the sharing of academic research. Awardees will be able to virtually attend presentations and demos at the 2022 IEEE VR conference. Awardees will also be asked to share their learnings from the conference with their own academic and professional networks via social media, presentations, or another method of the awardee's choosing.
Interested applicants may apply using the following Google Form:
The information provided by the candidates will be accessible only to the members of the Inclusion, Diversity, and Accessibility committee and the Bridge to VR jury from the IEEE VR community. The applicants can request for the information to be corrected or deleted at any time until the 31st of May 2022. After this date, their answers to the essay questions as well as their institutional/company affiliation will be deleted. Their remaining data will be anonymized and provided to the Inclusion, Diversity, and Accessibility committee of future iterations of IEEE VR for statistical purposes.
The deadline for applications is the 5th of March 2022. Each deadline is 23:59:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth) == GMT/UTC-12:00 on the stated day, no matter where the submitter is located.
- Spend some time reviewing research from past conferences: https://ieeevr.org/#past. What is an important problem in the world that you think VR can help address?
How do you plan to share what you have learned at the IEEE VR conference with
your fellow undergraduate students?
- Some examples include sharing information about the conference on social media or giving a presentation at a university club you are a part of.
Who Can Apply?
- Undergraduate student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Students from under-represented or historically marginalized groups are encouraged to apply. This may include, but is not exclusive to, women and persons of color, transgender and/or non-binary individuals, and applicants from developing countries.
- Previous experience in VR or academic research is not required. This program is intended to identify students with an interest in pursuing VR research.
Benefits of Participating
- Complementary virtual registration to the IEEE VR 2022 conference
- Networking opportunities with current VR scholars
Expectations of Students
- Attend 2 sessions each day of the conference
- Share information about IEEE VR within network as proposed
- Participate in IEEE VR 2022 Mentorship Program
This program is an initiative of the 2022 IEEE VR Diversity and Inclusion Committee. The committee can be reached via email at diversity2022 [at] ieeevr.org.