IEEE VR 2016 Call for Workshop Contributions
Full-day or half-day workshops are intended to bring together researchers, developers, technology providers, and users for a lively discussion of issues and an informal exchange of ideas and information. Workshops may target a specific application area, a specific research area, or a topic of general interest. We invite individuals or teams interested in organizing such a workshop to submit proposals. Workshops will be held onMarch 19th and 20th, 2016. Tutorials and the 2016 3DUI Symposium will also be held on these two days.
Workshop proposals should be submitted electronically and should include:
- A title and an acronym
- A brief topic description (approximately 500 words) including a statement of what the organizers expect participants to submit (such as position papers or preliminary research results),
- The intended audience and its expected size
- A list of invited speakers (if any),
- Describe the format or style of the workshop (such as a series of short presentations, with a panel discussion session, working groups, or other)
- The expected benefits of participating in the workshop, and
- The names, contact information, and brief biographies (roughly 100 words each) of the workshop organizers.
- Technical requirements, including space, audio/visual, computer, and communication needs.
The deadline for workshop submissions is November 19th, 2014, notifications will be sent out on November 24th. Workshop submissions must be submitted via email to the Workshops Chairs.
Workshop organizers will be expected to issue their calls-for-participation no later than December 9th and to issue any acceptance decisions to their participants no later than February 15th in order to allow sufficient time for travel planning and advance registration to the conference. IEEE VR Workshops proceedings may, at the discretion of IEEE and the workshop organizers, be published electronically through the IEEE Digital Library. Organizers of accepted workshops are encouraged to seek assistance from the Workshops Chairs to navigate this process.
For more information, to inquire about a particular workshop topic, or to submit a proposal, please contact the Workshop Chairs at workshopschairs2016[
- Jian Chen, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA
- Regis Kopper, Duke University, USA
- Oliver Staadt, University of Rostock, Germany