Call for Workshops Contributions
IEEE VR 2020: the 27th IEEE Conference on Virtual Reality and 3D User Interfaces
- November 15th, 2020: Proposals and CFPs due
- November 25th, 2020: Notification of results
- January 31st, 2021: Latest accepted workshop paper notification
- February 14th, 2021: Camera-ready submission of workshop papers for inclusion in the IEEE Digital Library
Full-day or half-day workshops are intended to bring together researchers, developers, technology providers, and users for a lively discussion of issues and an informal exchange of ideas and information.
Workshops may target a specific application area, a specific research area, or a topic of general interest.
We invite individuals or teams interested in organizing such a workshop to submit proposals. Workshops will be held on March 22rd, 2020.
Important: Submission guidelines have changed this year!
Workshop submissions require a proposal form and a call for papers (CFP). We strongly encourage submissions through the following Google form: (https://forms.gle/K2cqW4tbB48ZE1ma7. However, organizers without access to Google are welcome to email their proposals and CFPs to the Workshop Chairs at workshops2020 [at] ieeevr.org.
- The Workshop Proposal is an internal document for decision-making purposes only. We strongly encourage submitting the proposal through the following Google form: https://forms.gle/K2cqW4tbB48ZE1ma7. However, organizers without access to Google are welcome to email a PDF proposal, which should address:
- Workshop title and acronym
- What is the goal of organizing the workshop?
- Has the workshop been organized before?
- If yes, how many times has it been previously organized?
- If the workshop has been organized before, how many people, on average, attended last year?
- Primary organizer name
- Primary organizer email
- Names, contact information, and short bios of all the organizers
- List speakers that will be invited (if any)
- List potential contributors
- List any technical requirements for hosting your workshop, including space, audio/visual, computer, and communication needs
- The Workshop CFP is the public document that will be posted and publicized. We strongly encourage submitting a PDF of the CFP through the Google form above. However, organizers without access to Google are welcome to email the PDF, which should include:
- The workshop title and acronym
- The workshop date (March 22, 2021) and location (Atlanta, GA)
- The workshop website
- A brief overview and description of the workshop (approximately 500 words)
- A list of the workshop’s topics
- The workshop’s submission guidelines, including types of acceptable papers (e.g., research papers, position papers), acceptable lengths (???), and acceptable format (i.e., TVCG format).
- A list of important dates, including
- Abstract deadline (if applicable)
- Submission deadline
- Notification deadline
- Camera-ready deadline
- A list of the workshop organizers, including their affiliations, and how to contact them
The deadline for workshop proposal and CFP submissions is Friday, November 15th, 2020. Notifications of results will be sent out on Monday, November 25th. Accepted workshop CFPs will automatically be posted and publicized. Workshop organizers are expected to issue any acceptance decisions to their participants no later than Friday, January 31st, in order to allow sufficient time for travel planning and advance registration to the conference. IEEE VR Workshops proceedings will be published electronically through the IEEE Digital Library dependent on the on-time submission of the proceedings by the workshop organizers, before the mandatory IEEE deadline of Friday, February 14th, 2021. Organizers of accepted workshops are encouraged to seek assistance from the Workshops Chairs to navigate this process.
For more information and inquiries, please contact the Workshop Chairs at workshops2020 [at] ieeevr.org:
The Workshops Chairs:
- Ryan P. McMahan, University of Central Florida, USA
- Jeanine Stefanucci, University of Utah, USA
- Laura Trutoiu, Magic Leap, USA