Call for Research Demos
IEEE VR 2014 seeks research demonstrations from laboratories or research groups (academic, government, or industrial). Demos should interest the broad VR community and be presentable in a conference setting.
Accepted research demonstrations will be invited to participate in an exhibition of new and innovative work. The conference will provide basic infrastructure for the demos (space, a table, and power). In addition, authors of accepted demonstrations will have a time slot in the fast-forward Research Demonstration Session to communicate more general information about the specific demo and other work being performed at the lab.
Proposals should include:
- A one-page description of the demo.
- A one-page description of the research lab itself.
- A schematic of the layout (showing components such as projectors/cameras) of the demo.
- A brief video of the demo (URL to be included in the proposal – no files as attachments).
If the demo is accepted, the proposal will be included in the proceedings, and as such should be formatted using the IEEE Computer Society format described at http://www.cs.sfu.ca/~vis/Tasks/camera.html.
Demos are expected to be up and running during the lunch breaks. If possible it would be appreciated if they could run at other times like coffee breaks, but that is not required for acceptance.
Researchers are encouraged to contact the chairs to discuss their potential demonstration.
SUBMISSION DEADLINES FOR RESEARCH DEMOS
- January 20, 2014 — Proposal submission
- January 24, 2014 — Notification of results
- January 31, 2014 — Camera-ready proposal to be published in standard conference proceedings
Proposals for research demonstrations must be submitted via email to the Research Demonstration Chairs.
For more information, to inquire about a particular research demo idea, or to submit a proposal, please contact the Research Demonstration Chairs:
- Dane Coffey, University of Minnesota
- Luv Kohli, InnerOptic Technology, Inc.
- Ross Tredinnick, University of Wisconsin
researchdemoschairs [at] ieeevr.org