IEEE Virtual Reality 2016 is the premier international conference and exhibition on virtual reality. At VR 2016, you will find the brightest minds, innovative research, leading companies, and stimulating discussions on virtual reality, augmented reality, and 3D user interfaces.
VR 2016 will mark the 23rd year of the conference that started in 1993. We look forward to you submitting your work, showing your products, or just joining us for a fascinating week of presentations, exhibits, tutorials, and special events.
IEEE VR 2016 will be held in Greenville, South Carolina. Greenville is home to the one-of-a-kind Liberty Bridge, a revitalized downtown with quaint shops and boutiques, world-class museums and galleries, and the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The IEEE VR 2016 conference will be held in Greenville, South Carolina March 19-23, 2016. Academics, researchers, industry folks, and VR enthusiasts can participate in a number of ways, including submitting papers, posters, lab/projects presentations, industrial presentations, panels, workshops, tutorials, research demos, videos, or exhibiting products. We solicit submissions describing advances in:
- Tracking and sensing
- Input devices for VR/AR/MR
- Advanced display technology
- Immersive projection technology
- Haptics, audio, and other non‐visual interfaces
- Modeling and simulation
- Computer graphics techniques for VR/AR/MR
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Multi‐user and distributed VR/AR/MR
- VR systems and toolkits
- 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
- 3D selection and 3D manipulation
- Locomotion and navigation in virtual environments
- User studies and evaluation
- Perception, presence, virtual embodiment, and cognition
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Applications of VR/AR/MR