- Presenter Info
- Call for Participation
- Past Conferences
- IEEE 3DUI 2013
- ACM i3D 2013
Call for Panels
IEEE VR 2013 seeks creative proposals for engaging panels.
Panels are designed to generate lively discussions incorporating differing points of view around significant, emergent, or controversial topics. Panel sessions should not be structured as a series of individual, stand-alone presentations, but rather should address thought-provoking material that is presented in a lively manner. Panels should not be used to present a commercial product, nor be limited to the views of one individual. The goal should be to involve all panel participants and engage the audience as much as possible.
Interested parties are invited to submit proposals for interactive panel sessions with the goal of addressing a specific VR or related topic from several perspectives. Panel sessions are 90 minutes long and we encourage proposers to plan for your panelists' presentations/introductory remarks to take no more than 45-60 minutes of that time. We also suggest that your panel have a moderator who is not one of the panelists and who will introduce the panel and serve as session chair. You do not need to have identified a moderator before submitting your proposal. The Panels Co-Chairs can help you find a moderator if your panel is selected for VR2013.
Panel proposals should be submitted electronically and should include:
- A title for the panel session
- A brief description of the overall issues to be discussed (roughly 500 words)
- The names, contact information, and short (roughly 100 words each) biographies for the organizer and each panelist. Panelists should come from multiple organizations.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE AND PROCEDURE:
The deadline for panel submissions is: November 7th, 2012
Panel submissions must be submitted via email to the Panels Chairs.
For more information, to inquire about a particular panel topic, or to submit a proposal, please contact the Panels Chairs:
- Betty Mohler Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Germany
- Masataka Imura Osaka University
- Mary Whitton University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
panelschairs [at] ieeevr.org